Utility Management Application Instructions
The Utility Management Certification is designed to take into account education, experience and training. The minimum requirement for eligibility is 100 points.
- A phone number and e-mail address is required. Other information is required to facilitate news releases upon your successful completion and award of the" Utility Management Certification" designation.
- A minimum of 100 points is required for eligibility in this program.
- Education: 10 points are awarded for each item in the left hand column. Include required information and tabulate to the right hand column.
- Direct management/operations of a water and/or wastewater utility: 10 points are awarded for each year of direct management/operation of a water and/or wastewater utility. A maximum of 60 points is allowable for this category.
- Water University "UMC" specific training course: 10 points are awarded if you attended a "Utility Management Certification" specific training course sponsored by your State Rural Water Association.
- Training received in last 2 years: 1 point per hour of training received is awarded in this category. The training is required to be specific to water and wastewater utility operations.
- Water and/or Wastewater Certifications: 10 points for each state issued water and/or wastewater certification is awarded in this category.
- Fees: The application and exam fee is $250.00 and must be received prior to authorization for testing.
- To access the application, click here. All information must be completed in order to process your application. Upon completion, mail the application and fees ($250.00) to the Florida Rural Water Association at 2970 Wellington Circle, Tallahassee FL 32309.
- We strongly encourage the use of the Water Utility Management Training Guide. Include an additional $65.00 for this option. To order a study guide or for additional information, click here.