Florida Forests and Water Forum/Gainesville/101023
2023 Florida Forests and Water Forum
University of Florida Austin Cary Forest10625 Northeast Waldo Road
Gainesville, FL 32609
* Registration open until 10/6/23 at 12:00 AM (EST)
Join forest landowners, utilities, conservation groups, state agencies, and other individuals interested in protecting Florida forests and drinking water on Tuesday, October 10, at Austin Cary Forest Campus in Gainesville for the Florida Forests & Water Forum.
Together, we will...
- Assess the status of Florida's private forestlands and water quality/quantity
- Identify priority problems facing forest/water protection
- Explore current science regarding the forest/water connection
- Discuss existing or potential solutions to priority problems
- Examine specific concerns of forest/water stakeholders
- Learn about successful forest/water partnerships within states and watersheds
- Consider strategies to increase the scale/scope of solutions to benefit large Florida landscapes
- Florida Rural Water Association
- Florida Forest Service
- Southeastern Partnership for Forests & Water
- The Longleaf Alliance
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- University of Florida
- Tall Timbers
- Alachua Conservation Trust
- ... and more!
The following is a recommended hotel for your convenience:
Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown
Continuing education credits are available for the forestry and utility sectors.