Part of keeping you up to date, the Florida Rural Water Association is still out there every day doing everything in our power to help the water and wastewater systems in Florida. We have over 1950 water and wastewater members, with a total of over 2200 members. This year, we have had 157 new members enjoying an 8% growth rate. With the loss of systems due to consolidation and regionalization, we have still maintained a 96% retention rate. The stats below demonstrate what FRWA is doing for you!
- Made over 7500 onsite visits to utilities throughout the state averaging 1.9 hours speant per contact
- Driven over 700,000 miles to complete onsite visits
- Held 44 training sessions in the last year with 27 being certification preparation classes
- In the last 20 years, we have held over 2000 instructor led sessions with over 81,000 attendees
- Added over 148 different pieces of equipment with a value of over $342,000, giving us a total of $2.2 million dollars' worth of equipment.
- Completed 106 Source Water/Groundwater Protection plans in the past two years.
- Assisted 235 different systems with engineering, consulting, and permitting assistance spending an average of fifteen hours on each project.
- In the last two years, we have assisted 149 systems with rates, fees, and similar studies
- Our Asset Management Program has had 154 referrals and completed 123 of them and are actively working on the other 31
- Our SRF Inspectors have completed 245 inspections in the last year
So, if someone asks you what FRWA can do for them. Just show them the list above!
To keep you up to date on what is happening in the "water world", we post pertinent articles like the articles below for your reference.
News of Interest
New Season"Flip My Yard" Television Show Coming
October 13, 2021 EPA Region 4 CWS ERP Workshop
EPA Rescinds Trump-Era Clean Water Guidance on Maui Decision
Webcast: Coast to Coast – Direct Potable Reuse Regulatory Development
New Trainings and Workshops for Water and Wastewater Utilities
Impaired Waters Rule (IWR): Statewide Assessment Notification Update 11.10.21
EPA Announces $25 Million in Grants to Improve Drinking Water Quality for Underserved, Small, and Disadvantaged Communities
Supreme Court Strikes Down Federal Government’s Eviction Moratorium
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Announces $92 Million Available through the Community Development Block Grant – CV Small Cities and Entitlement Programs
FY 2021 Application Period for the Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities
Urgent: Protect Against Active Exploitation of ProxyShell Vulnerabilities
EPA Cybersecurity Virtual Workshops Presented Through November 4, 2021
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program
NRWA Announces an Opportunity to Register Your Utility from Financial Burden re PFAs
EPA Delays LCRR Effective Date and Compliance Date
CALL TO ACTION: DEP Launches Online Grant Portal for FY 2021-22
DEP Posts Springs Project Proposals for Fiscal Year 2021-22 begins July 1, 2021
DarkSide Ransomware: Best Practices for Preventing Business Disruption from Ransomware Attacks
CISA/FBI DarkSide Ransomware Alert - Best Practices for Preventing Business Disruption from Ransomware Attacks
Potential Threat Vectors to 5G Infrastructure
Quick Sheet: Microsoft Exchange Vulnerabilities
CISA CA: Microsoft Releases Alternative Mitigations for Exchange Server Vulnerabilities (TLP:WHITE)
CISA CA: Microsoft IOC Detection Tool for Exchange Server Vulnerabilities (TLP:WHITE)